Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

On July 4th we were having a bar-b-q and about to start popping fireworks outside, we were all having excited about it. My dad always takes us to buy fireworks, so we were waiting for him to take us. About ten minutes later he says to get ready to go buy fireworks. When we get there i start buying a lot of different kinds of fireworks. When we started popping fireworks my mom told me not to hold it in my hand and throw it, she said to put it on the floor and light it. I wasn't really paying any attention to what she was saying so i started lighting the fireworks in my hands, it was going real good i was throwing them right. I had found one with a short fuse and thought i would have enough time to toss it in the air, so when i lit it the firework popped right on my hand, it was hurting a lot. I had to go put my hands in some water with cold ice, ans i was thinking to myself about what my mom had told me, i wasn't ever going to to that again.

1 comment:

  1. I've done that, too! And my mom said the same thing..."Don't throw blackcats!" I wanted to be like the boys and decided I could do it. I didn't get it out of my hand in time, and it hurt SO bad!!! I had to lay on the couch with my hand in the air for a long time until it stopped throbbing!

    ReplyDelete